This full day course is designed to support subject leaders and class teachers as schools transition from ICT to Computing. Half the day will focus on computer science within the new curriculum with Jon Chippindall (@drchips_) and half the day will be spent exploring digital literacy with Lee Parkinson (@MrP_ICT). Course objectives for both sessions appear below:
The cost of the course is £125 (lunch included). To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jon on 07790036517
Date: Monday the 14th of July 2014
Time: 9:00am till 4:00pm
Venue: Crumpsall Lane Primary School, M8 5SR
Computer Science with Jon Chippindall (@Drchips_)
- Explore Computing curriculum expectations by considering what schools are already covering and what needs to be implemented for September 2014
- Explain computer science and computational thinking terminology
- Provide practical experience of using free software (Scratch and Kodu) and apps that can be used to teach programming
- Provide examples of planning for progression in computer science
Digital Literacy with Lee Parkinson (@ICT_MrP)
- Explore how the internet can be used to raise writing standards through blogging.
- Demonstrate a range of Web Tools to help develop writing.
- Create a digital story using a range of iPad apps all with links to the NEW literacy curriculum.
- Show how utilising and promoting children’s work through social media can raise standards and improve parental engagement.