This full day course is designed to support Computing subject leaders and class teachers. Half the day will focus on computer science within the new curriculum with Jon Chippindall (@drchips_) and half the day will be spent exploring digital literacy with Lee Parkinson (@MrP_ICT). Course objectives for both sessions appear below:
The cost of the course is £160 (exc. VAT) lunch included. To book a place please email email@example.com or call Jon on 07790036517
Date: Tuesday the 2nd of June 2015
Time: 9:00am till 4:00pm
Venue: Crumpsall Lane Primary School, M8 5SR
Computer Science with Jon Chippindall (@Drchips_)
- Explore Computing national curriculum expectations by considering how Computing differs from ICT
- Develop an understanding of Computational Thinking in primary schools
- Explore how Computational Thinking fits with programming and provide practical experience of programming for KS 1&2
- Provide ideas for teaching the computer networks element of the new Computing curriculum.
Digital Literacy with Lee Parkinson (@ICT_MrP)
- Explore how the internet can be used to raise writing standards through blogging.
- Demonstrate a range of Web Tools to help develop writing.
- Create a digital story using a range of iPad apps all with links to the NEW literacy curriculum.
- Show how utilising and promoting children’s work through social media can raise standards and improve parental engagement.