I’m very please to announce that Lee and I will be running our ‘Technology in the Primary Curriculum’ course again at Crumpsall Lane Primary School on November the 17th. To everyone who missed out last time, please book early!
This full day course is designed to support Computing subject leaders and class teachers. Half the day will focus on computer science within the new curriculum with Jon Chippindall (@drchips_) and half the day will be spent exploring digital literacy with Lee Parkinson (@MrP_ICT). Course objectives for both sessions appear below:
The cost of the course is £160 lunch included. To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jon on 07790036517
Date: Tuesday the 17th of November 2015
Time: 9:00am till 4:00pm
Venue: Crumpsall Lane Primary School, M8 5SR
Computer Science with Jon Chippindall (@Drchips_)
- Explore Computing national curriculum expectations by considering how Computing differs from ICT
- Develop an understanding of Computational Thinking in primary schools
- Explore how Computational Thinking fits with programming and provide practical experience of programming for KS 1&2
- Provide ideas for teaching the computer networks element of the new Computing curriculum.
Digital Literacy with Lee Parkinson (@ICT_MrP)
- Explore how the internet can be used to raise writing standards through blogging.
- Demonstrate a range of Web Tools to help develop writing.
- Create a digital story using a range of iPad apps all with links to the NEW literacy curriculum.
- Show how utilising and promoting children’s work through social media can raise standards and improve parental engagement.